Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week 10 - Project Management and Design

I'm not familiar with formal project management, since I've never worked on a large project with a strict structure. School teacher here, and we usually do collaboration sessions, where we have one facilitator and everyone has sign off rights when development curriculum and designing materials.

So I was very interested in hearing more from our guest speaker. Project management becomes ever more difficult when managing more people, personalities, and budgets. It was very clear that not everyone is able to project manage effectively. Juggling so many personalities within a group with varying ability is at some point going to run into conflict. there were many good tips and discussions concerning the approach to projects and their need for team members to feel valid, give insight, and providing support with feedback. I think those are essential components in an effective project manager. I would have liked to hear more about budgeting, since I'm not the greatest at budgeting for projects of any sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment